Is it actually officially summer today or are we living in an eternal northeast rainforest with Harry Corduroy and a few Hot Stove bartenders lurking in the moldy tree tops like spider monkeys? Do walnut shells and rubber bands count as clothing for these stealth fishermen or are walnut shells a bit of overkill?
Who are the challengers this year? ???
Do the local guys let the Bay fishermen and charter captains with this thing again or can the founders of this tourney, the new “team JACKAL” , finally make their move if they are able to ever get their new rig?
Could it be O’Brien and his team again? Oh please say no as the locals and I cannot take it or could it be “Team Powe” who are being lead again by Capt. Seamus who is going to be cruisin once again with a team of fired up city boyz who would love to take this thing in the same way their Capt jokes about wanting to take my wife.
Is the South and South east side of the Cape under an extreme disadvantage to the bay crews? ??? If so, I ask why as I have heard many reasons as to why the bay and the deeper water provide more of an opportunity for cow bass but I want to get this blog rolling with some talk and some scientific reports like the ones I hear on the streets of Harwich so speak up teams and Captains and whoever!!
My brother and I as the founders of this tourney are open to all and every angle so JUMP IN NOW guys as this whole thing is supposed to be more about teamwork, competition, shared knowledge, and fun more than anything else.
My wife sat down next to me last night after working a double shift at Cape Cod Hospital and while looking at the new T-shirt asked “why don’t you call it the Harwich Headhunt anymore?” Good question I said even though it is a tough one to answer.
The few boats that were in this from the beginning may also be asking the same type of questions but many other locals and fishermen in general have ragged on us for years for the tourney being a “small time” joke that they were unwilling to get involved in.
I/we do not want to try and coerce anyone to get involved but we also want to give people what they want and that obviously is not always possible.
Too big? Too small? T-shirts should be this and that??? Blah blah blah ! Who knows?
All I can say is at least we are getting it done with this tourney even though at times I seriously question if it worth it?
Maybe I wish that I could be more of a business man but then again maybe not??
This is it again folks and I/we are looking forward to this year’s event even though it is and has been hard work and we just want it to be an event that those involved have fun with before anything else.
On the other hand, I do not care if Seamus and his crew, Corduroy, Tim and Jack at the Stove, Ethan and Ben and his crew, Rob and the EscapeLandscape crew, Chris. Spirro, and their crew, Chris and Kevin and their crew from Brewster FD, and many more for that matter have any fun but my team and the local definitely want to have some serious fun this year.
It has been a tough year for many of us and that makes this even that much more important for me at least but hopefully not for corduroy and his crew.
I need to go now but before I go:
· Where are Corduroy and Ethan and Ben and Tria and Seamus and anyone else involved on the response section of this blog? You guys have more to say than my brother and I do at this time as I have yet to make a salt water cast and Ryan and I continue to wait for our boat amidst kiddo chaos.
· Did I mention that I will be hitting the stage next Wednesday morning to discuss the headhunt on Harwich’s local access channel? We hope to be able to get this up on youtube even though it looks like it just going to be talking up the tourney.
· We are this year also looking to make a few bucks off the event for a local Cape Cod high school scholarship fund. We will see how the chips fall as they have not fallen so well in previous years but we defiantly are planning on giving away some money to a local kid who is planning on heading to college, trade school, or apprenticeship.
· Most importantly, the new t-shirts will be available tomorrow so get them now during our initial order or give us special size orders in writing and we will do all that we can to get everyone what they want.
· Did I forget to mention that it is actually summer even though this cold swamp like weather makes me feel like we live in a cold swamp with Harry and his boyz hangin n the treez like lawyers looking for an EZ way to make us all pay without committing to any true stance. My money is on team “Jackal” this year!!! Where is yours?
· ANY CALCUTTAS This year BOYZ??????