Rules of the Hunt
Official Harwich Headhunt Tournament Rules and Regulations
1. $200 entry fee per boat
2. Cash and prizes for first place, additional prizes for second and third
3. This is a boat only tournament.
4. Each boat will carry a minimum of 2 and no more then 6 anglers.
5. Teams are competing for the highest total weight of one Striped Bass, with a minimum length of 28 inches in length.
6. There are no restrictions on fishing locations or location of departure
7. The tournament runs for one day from 4:01 am et on July 15, 2017 to 2:00 pm et on July 15, 2017. UPDATED: The blowout date will be July 22, 2017, from 4:01 am to 2:00 pm et. Participants will be notified via email/phone July 14th and no later than 8:00 pm et.
8. Official weigh in time will be from 2 pm to 3:30 pm et.
9. Each team participant can only fish on one team during the course of the tournament and is only eligible to win one place in the tournament.
10. The final day to register is Friday July 14, 2017.
11. All questions should be directed to Headhunt Tournament Directors: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sean Burke: 774.487.0612 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 774.487.0612 end_of_the_skype_highlighting email@example.com
Ryan Burke: 617.216.5833 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 617.216.5833 end_of_the_skype_highlighting firstname.lastname@example.org
ENTRY FEE: Entry fee is $200. If paying by check, entry is not valid and angler is not eligible for prize until check clears. In case of invalid check, Headhunt officials offer no guarantee that we will be able to contact angler to inform him/her of their ineligibility for tournament prizes. The person that registered for the tournament will be the recipient of the prize.
1. Weigh-in will be held at Land Ho Restaurant, 429 Rte 28, Harwich Port, MA 02646.
2. Each Fish must be a minimum of 28-inches to be eligible.
3. All fish must be caught during tournament hours by means of hook and line and in accordance with applicable state rules where the fish was caught and be presented as fresh, not frozen.
4. Only one striped bass can be weighed in by a registered team.
5. All striped bass presented to the weigh master will be recorded in pounds, and tenths of pounds.
6. If two anglers tie by total weight for any of the prizes, the tie breaker will be overall inches. Each fish will be measured by a straight line from the tip of the snout to the extreme tip of the tailfin. If there is still a tie, anglers will split the combined cash prize.
7. The decision Tournament Directors, Ryan and Sean Burke, is final in all matters relating to the Tournament.
GENERAL TOURNAMENT RULES
The tournament will be held rain or shine. It is the sole responsibility of the captain of all registered anglers/boats to determine if weather and sea conditions are safe to fish. By participating you acknowledge that you could experience certain hazards and be involved in certain risks and any time during any Tournament you may elect not to participate if you think weather or any other hazards are too great. Sponsor and those associated with Tournament and/or any and boat owners and crews assume no responsibility/liability for boats entered or individuals participating in the Tournament. You agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless for all claims and costs, including attorney fees, arising out of your conduct/participation in the
Tournament. If for any reason the Tournament is not capable of being executed as planned for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend the Tournament. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or interfere with the Tournament, in any way in Sponsor's sole discretion shall be disqualified.
GENERAL PROVISIONS GOVERNING TOURNAMENT AND SWEEPTAKES:
Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, prize won, voice, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, trade, promotion and publicity without additional compensation. You agree to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which will be final/binding in all respects. By participating you agree to release, hold harmless and forever discharge Sponsor, and all associated with Tournament, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders and employees (collectively, "Releasees") from any claims for damage, loss or injury to property, personal injury or death; libel or slander, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunctions, omission, interruption, defect or any other error, or any injury or damage to participant or any other person or any person's personal property used by the participant resulting from participation in the Tournament or Sweepstakes, or arising from any Tournament/Sweepstakes-related activity or from the acceptance or use of any prize won. The Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Massachusetts without regards to its principles of conflicts of law and you agree to personal jurisdiction by the courts located in Barnstable County, and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. Further, in any dispute pertaining in any way to the Tournament, your sole remedy will be to recover your entry fee(s) paid.